Social Icons

{Addison Lynne: 6 Months!}

Saturday, June 18, 2016

And just like that, my baby girl is 6 months old.  Well, technically she turned 6 months old a few weeks ago, but this is honestly the first chance I have had to sit down to type this post! I am officially on summer vacation-- and I am so excited.  I have named this the "Summer of Addie and Mommy."  I am not quite sure what we are going to do (probably a lot of relaxing and swimming)-- but I plan on making a list of fun activities to try out with her. All that I know is that I am going to enjoy the next ten weeks with this little one:



And now..onto 6 month happenings! 


Likes/ Loves

This month, she was finally big enough to really enjoy her jumper :) She loves to look at all of the items on the edge, and she is so cute when she focuses on one specific toy.


Yes--- we had to put a box under feet for a LONG TIME until she was tall enough to reach the floor haha. 

She has also started to eat solid foods! We have tried oatmeal cereal, sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, prunes, squash and applesauce. It is so fun to see her trying these new foods and seeing her cute little face scrunch up.   Her favorite solid foods so far include: pears, squash, and sweet potatoes. She wasn't a huge fan of the peaches (they were really sour haha) or prunes (who is?!). She was neutral on the cereal and applesauce- which actually surprised me. She is really progressing in terms of eating. She will open her mouth in anticipation now, and her little legs start to kick in the high chair once she knows food is coming haha.






She LOVES sitting in her high chair-- especially when Disney Children's Radio on Pandora is playing. Addison also loves being sung to-- she giggles and smiles when you sing certain songs. One of her absolute favorite songs is from "Tangled." Whenever she hears that song she will stop whatever she is doing and just smile. It is probably the most precious thing I have ever seen. 


Addison loves to be read to-- it is honestly becoming one of her favorite things. She will hold onto the pages and giggle while I read to her. The nerd in me is so proud :)


She still loves to snuggle and her favorite sleeping position is cuddled on someone. I know this phase is short-lived, so I am definitely taking the opportunity to enjoy those moments. 


One of her other favorite positions is being on daddy. She ADORES Jim and they are so cute together. 


She has also started to make some unique faces....I will let the following pictures speak for themselves....









Dislikes
She is really starting to despise her patches. Because she had cataract surgery at 2 months and then just recently had to have surgery again because the cataract started to grow again (another story, for another time :/). 

She is also starting to be weary of getting her diaper changed since that's the position we put her in to receive her post-surgery drops. I am so sad about this too because she used to LOVE getting her diaper changed. Now she associates it with getting eye drops. Poor baby girl. 


She is enjoying rolling over onto her belly- getting back over-- not so much. When she realizes the only way to get onto her back is to roll over again, she is not a happy camper. She will usually just put her head down and grunt in frustration until one of us helps her to roll over haha. The funny part is that she actually prefers sleeping on her stomach now. The downside? The past few nights she has been soaking through her pajamas, through the sheet, and the mattress pad. We might just have to invest in some nighttime-specific diapers. 




Honestly, as I was typing this section, I had a really hard time thinking of anything else that she dislikes. She is such an easy-going baby and we are truly so thankful to be this lucky! She certainly has her moments, but there isn't much that a good mommy or daddy cuddle can't fix. And personally, I would like to keep it that way! 

Sleeping

Addison sleeps really well through the night. We usually put her to bed around 8, and she honestly doesn't stir until about 5:30/6. When I was teaching, I had to wake her up at the time to get her ready. Then, she would usually sleep on the car ride to the babysitters until about 10. She usually has a few naps during the day, and I can definitely tell when she hasn't slept well during the day. On those days, it can be particularly hard getting her to bed. Since I will be home this summer, I have to get into a better routine with her in terms of naps. I feel like since she is home with me, she wants to stay awake more, and while I absolutely love the quality time we are getting, I know that she needs to nap. I just have to figure out a schedule and plan it a little better. 



Eating
As I mentioned above, we have started feeding her solid foods. We are now up to three times a day, and she is getting better each time. She has her favorites, but I am determined to keep trying each food multiple times. She takes a bottle/ feeds from me a good portion of the time, but I am starting the process of weaning. It is bittersweet-- and I know that I am way more upset/affected by it than she is. And for that, I am actually glad. We started giving her a bottle at 4 weeks old in preparation for when I returned to work. Thus, she is used to the bottle and honestly really likes the bottle. It does make this process a little easier for me, but it is still challenging some days physically and emotionally. I know that in a few months most of her nutrition will be from food anyway, so keeping that perspective has also helped me. 






Playing:
Addison has really started to notice her toys and loves anything that crinkles. We have this butterfly (at least I think it is a butterfly) that has two mirrors, two rings, a chew item, soft body, and wings that are crinkly. Addison loves that thing. She is so fascinated by everything on that toy-- it keeps her entertained for a while. She has also started to really chew on her "Sophie" giraffe and the lamb that is the same material. I know so many kids who love those teething items (I called them chew toys for the longest time haha- isn't that what they are?!)-- but it honestly took Addison a while to start using them. She would just hold them in her hand, and be completely confused as to what she was supposed to do. Well not anymore, that girl is a pro now :) 

As I stated above, she has also really enjoyed her jumperoo activity center. There are so many sounds, buttons, colors and textures. There is one crinkly toy on that activity center and without fail, Addison grabs that item right away.  




Firsts/Major Changes 
  • Sits up on her own
  • Rolls to her front and her back (when she feels like it haha) 
  • Started eating solid foods 
  • Sleeps through the night 
  • Had another cataract surgery
  • Is on the chart for height and weight (thank goodness!) 
  • Beginning to really giggle




And yes-- I am posting this very late-- very very late-- so late, she is almost 7 months now. But-- better than nothing, right? 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!