Social Icons

Weekending.. I Can't Believe It's Over!

Monday, December 28, 2015

Happy Monday everyone :) I am linking up with B Loved Boston and Champagne and Suburbs for Weekending... 


And just like that...it's over. I have enjoyed this Christmas season unlike any other thanks to my newborn daughter Addison :). Even before she was born (11.23.15), I was listening to Christmas music and getting into the spirit of the season. This time of year is by far my favorite, and my husband's favorite as well. Sure, I love the Fall with all of its colors and smells, and don't get me wrong, the newness that comes with Spring is undeniable. Oh and Summer- I do love Summer. A break from the hustle and bustle of the school year is definitely welcomed. But nothing compares with the holiday season. It just makes me happy. I am having a hard time letting go of all of the decorations this year-- we have had most of them up since before Thanksgiving (I wanted to make sure our house was ready for Christmas whenever "baby" came haha). But--  our tree is shedding something fierce so I think this week we will be putting it all away. 

This year was extra special because of this girl: 











Words cannot describe how much of a blessing it was to have Addison with us this year for Christmas. Having a child definitely changes you-- and I wasn't prepared AT ALL for all of the love I could feel for my daughter. It is overwhelming-- my heart bursts everyday when I see her face. Honestly-- I didn't need any gifts this year. She was seriously the best gift I could ever hope for. I cannot even imagine what my life was like before having her-- it just seems so incomplete.  

Christmas Eve was spent with my husband's family, and Christmas Day was spent with my family and it couldn't have been more perfect. Good food, great company, and good times! 

Saturday was spent doing errands (yes we braved the crowds haha), and it was so nice to go out as a family of three :) Addison was amazing--she is such a laid back and easy-going baby (for the most part haha). Saturday night, all three of us cuddled and watched movies :)

Sunday was spent sleeping in (much needed), and the afternoon was spent at my grandparents house. We watched the Patriots lose (boo) and enjoyed the company of my parents, sisters, aunt and uncle, cousins, and grandparents. I can't complain-- we got in a lot of family time this holiday weekend and I couldn't ask for anything more. 

I hope your holiday and weekend was enjoyable AND relaxing. 

Savor the last week of 2015! Bring on the New Year! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, your daughter is stunning. She's seriously perfect. Your holiday sounded so nice and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are too sweet! Thank you so much! Yes-- thankfully the holidays were restful around here :)-- well as restful as they can be with a newborn :)

      Delete