Social Icons

{Addison Lynne: 2 Months}

Wednesday, February 3, 2016






I am a little late, but Addison Lynne is 2 months old! I can't believe my little sweetie is no longer a "newborn"! She has changed so much in the past month-- and it has been so fun watching her grow and develop. 
I am about a week and a half late haha-- but better late than never right? Plus-- we were in the hospital on the actual day she turned 2 months old so I was a little preoccupied! That didn't stop this girl from smiling up a storm after our first MRI attempt. If you haven't read my posts on her hospital visit, you find them here, here, and here

Likes
She LOVES her swing. Her swing has little bears that dangle, and she is starting to smile and coo at them. She also loves anything with motion: the car, walking, being in the stroller or a carriage, if it involves movement, she is sure to be content. 
She also likes her bath-- she just doesn't like when it's done and I'm wrapping her in a towel. Poor girl doesn't like to be cold! 
She LOVES snuggling in the morning- and of course I love it too. This is definitely something I will miss when I return to work. 
She likes to rest on her daddy-- there is something about the way he holds her that comforts her completely. 
She is also starting to favor her thumb instead of a pacifier and it is so cute!
She also loves getting her diaper changed-- her biggest smiles are usually while I am changing her! 
This is a new one-- she loves the sound of rain!



Dislikes
She really does not like tummy time- although what baby does like tummy time at her age? :) 


She has been really gassy lately, and does NOT like that at all. She has a new cry-- it is definitely associated with gas. 
She doesn't always like to be upright on my shoulder- she has to be in the mood to be in that position :) 
Burping isn't her favorite either-- she can be really stubborn and I almost feel like she sometimes resists the burp! 
She doesn't like hats, but doesn't mind headbands-- thank goodness! 

Sleeping
For the past week and a half, she has been sleeping pretty well. She naps during the day (still not on a schedule yet-- her surgery is Friday and I figured her schedule would be messed up anyway), and is sleeping for 5-6 hour stretches at night. It is glorious! She typically will fall asleep around 9/10 and won't wake up until about 4/5 AM. It is great! 
In the next week or so (after her surgery), I am going to try to put her on a flexible schedule just so that we are ready for when I return to work. We shall see how this goes!

Eating
I am still breastfeeding and during the day, Addison will go 2-3 hours in between feedings. She has been a great feeder the whole time, and I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky. She was a pro at breastfeeding from day 1, and I have been trying to catch up ever since haha. 

Playing
Addison has really started to engage and focus on items and people lately. While she isn't really playing with toys, after feedings, I try to keep her awake for a little bit. I talk to her, play with her, interact with her, and try to have her focus on me. She smiles, coos, moves around, and really tries to talk back. I don't know how this will change after her surgery, but I am hoping my smiley little girl will still be up for it! 

Firsts/ Major Changes
She had her first real trip to the hospital this month (aside from being born). 
She put her thumb in her mouth "for real" this month. 
She was babysit for a whole day by my grandparents this month (while I attended a make-up class). 
She has grown out of her newborn clothes :( 
Her hair is changing color-- it is starting to have a reddish tint. 
Her cry is becoming more mature-- and sounds less like her newborn cry. She is also starting to get a whiny cry that I find totally adorable. 
She is starting to move her arms and legs so much more this month and she is so strong! When I hold her up, she is able to stand on my legs. I have a feeling she is going to be one of those babies that skips crawling and goes right to standing and walking! 
She is also really starting to show her personality-- she is funny, sassy, stubborn, easy-going and super sweet. 

I can't wait to see how this little goober changes over the next month-- but I am certainly not wishing away the days :) 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!