Social Icons

{Addison Lynne: 3 Months}

Sunday, February 28, 2016


This month has brought many changes-- filled with many ups and a few downs. Addison had her very much anticipated eye surgery (you can read about that experience here) and we finally have her contacts (we were supposed to get them a week after her surgery-- and ended up waiting about two weeks to get them). We learned how to put the dang contact in her eye. It has been challenging, but I am hopeful I will figure out a good system soon. I psyche myself out, and it takes me no less than three times to get the contact in and take it out at night. We also have to patch her good eye for most of the day, and I am just hoping that everything goes as planned and she will start seeing out of her left eye. 

Addison also experience her first cold, courtesy of yours truly. I tried so hard to contain my cold, but alas, four days after I started to feel congested, little miss started with a terrible cough. I ended up bringing her in to urgent care just to make sure everything was okay (particularly her breathing), and the doctor was actually impressed that this was her first cold. It made me feel a little better! She and I are finally on the mend, thank goodness, as I am planning my return to work within a week and a half. 
While it has been an interesting month, she has been such a champ through it all. Now, she definitely has had her moments-I call her the happiest, crankiest baby haha. But she has been through so much in these past two months, I can't blame her. 

Likes
She still LOVES her bath, loves to rest on daddy, prefers to suck on her thumb over taking a pacifier (it actually makes her cry more when we give it to her), and loves getting a bath. She is starting to splash and kick her legs in the water- I am excited about bringing her into my grandparent's pool this summer. 
She loves getting kisses, loves listening to music/white noise, loves being in the car (but you best be moving), enjoys her rock-in-play and swing IMMENSELY, and is really starting to coo and smile more. She even giggled a little the other day while I was kissing her nose (well at least I think it was a giggle haha). 
She prefers to be held still vs anything else-- she is the best snuggler right now. When she is cranky, you best be moving-- she only calms down if you walk her around. We don't even try to sit down unless she is in a deep sleep haha she just knows!



Dislikes
Still isn't a huge fan of tummy time, HATES to be cold (especially after her bath), doesn't mind the regular doctor's office, but isn't a huge fan of the eye doctor, dislikes her patch (who wouldn't?), and isn't a happy camper when she wakes up from a nap. 

 

Sleeping
Addison has been sleeping fairly well this past month, although this week was a little tough with her cold. She takes a few naps during the day (I need to figure out her schedule for her sitter haha), and then at night sleeps for about 6-7 hours (I am SO lucky!). 



Eating
I am still exclusively breastfeeding, although the past week, Addison has been taking a bottle a day. She does really well with a bottle-- I have mixed feelings about this haha. On the one hand, it will make the transition easier when I go back to work. On the other hand, I will miss this special time with her. She still goes about 2-2.5 hours in between feedings, but I am trying to work on getting her to consistently feed every 3 hours. It would just make life easier for her babysitters.  

Playing
Addison is such a cutie when we are playing with her on the bed, on the couch, and on her playmat. She has the biggest smiles, and I can't wait until she laughs and giggles more. Since we have to patch her good eye, I am not sure how much she is seeing lately. We are trying to work on her focusing abilities with her left eye, but I know it will take some time. It's as if her brain needs to be re-introduced to that eye. I am hoping that next month, we will have made significant progress with this. 




Firsts/ Major Changes
She had her first surgery this month, and we now have a contact for the left eye. 
She is 10 lbs 7 oz. 
She has started to give us what I like to call "kisses" :)
She giggled for the first time this month. 
She got her first cold this month :(
She has started to "whine" this month-- she really knows how to complain in the cutest way possible. 

As we speak, I have to change a certain someone's diaper, and thankfully that's about it for now! Until next time :) 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!