Social Icons

Thoughts For Thursday....Stream of Consciousness

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Today, I am linking up with Annie from Home of Malones and Natalie from East Coast Chic for:

  • Tomorrow is Addison's cataract surgery and I have mixed emotions. On the one hand, I can't wait to start the process-- but on the other hand, I am nervous for the recovery. 
  • I am starting to plan my return to work (in four weeks), and I want a realistic pumping schedule. I am a teacher and so I can't just take 10 minute breaks whenever I want-- I have to strategically plan when I will pump. I think I have a plan, but I am worried about leaking, engorgement, and the general stress that comes with returning to work. 
  • How do you working moms do it? As it is-- I hardly have time to cook, clean, do the laundry, and take care of little miss. I hate asking for help-- especially when I am still at home-- but sometimes I just need an afternoon to myself to just tackle all of the projects I want to do! 
  • I am nervous to go back to work-- I am worried I won't be on my "A" game and that it will be a struggle. I take my school work so seriously, but I know that with a baby, I won't be able to do as much as I was doing before my maternity leave. 
  • The weather outside has been BEAUTIFUL! Today it is 50 degrees outside, and it smells like spring! I am loving being able to walk around with Addison in February. (Although I just saw a report that it is supposed to snow tomorrow-- meh).
  • Recently, I have fallen back in love with Grey's Anatomy. It was a college staple-- my friends and I would gather on Thursday nights in my dorm room and watch it all together. There were many nights when we would study afterwards, but be so distracted from the show that it made it almost impossible to focus! 
  • Any at-home Valentine's Day ideas? We are trying to save money, and I was thinking we could do a night in instead of a night out.
  • I am so thankful for my husband and family-- they have provided so much support in the last couple months. 
  • I need to start working out again--but I am so unmotivated!!! I just need to get over myself and start haha
  • I really want to create a nice space in the office for a desk and play area for Addie. Right now- the office is our dumping ground and it is just filled with so much "stuff."
And that's pretty much what I have been thinking about all day! Can't wait to see what you all have been up to this week :)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!