Social Icons

Friday Favorites and 5 on Friday

Friday, January 8, 2016

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Today, I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything, and Grace and Love for Friday Favorites, but also A. Liz AdventuresCarolina CharmHello! Happiness, and The Good Life for 5 on Friday. 

I am also (for the first time) linking up with Meet At the Barre for Friday Favorites and The Farmer's Wife for Oh,Hey Friday

What a quick week it has been! I don't know if everyone feels that way, but since being on maternity leave, the weeks just fly by. I am so enjoying my time at home with Addison and I am trying to soak in every moment with her. I love my job don't get me wrong, but as of right now, I can't imagine leaving her cute little face to go to work. I get weepy even starting to think about it and I have about 7 more weeks left. I never thought I would be someone interested in being a stay-at-home mom, but the more time I spend with Addison, the more I consider it. I have found motherhood so fulfilling, in a way I never thought possible. I'm not someone who you would say had "motherly instincts" all of the time, but becoming a mother certainly changes all of that. With that said, my first favorite is this: becoming a mother. 

{FAVORITE ONE}
Motherhood- I love being a mom. Did I always want children? Yes, of course! Was/Am I nervous about being a good mother? Absolutely. I wasn't sure if I had the nurturing aspect that I feel like mothers desperately need to have. I am still nervous about being a good mom-- isn't everyone? I question decisions I have made so far, I worry about her health and safety, and I am always wondering if I am doing a good job. 
All that aside, this face makes it all worth it:




{FAVORITE TWO}
I must admit that when one of my relatives told me that I would have a favorite diaper, I chuckled. I couldn't imagine that people would have a preference-- weren't they all essentially the same? I quickly found out-- no not really haha. 

The other interesting part is that I have preferred different diaper brands for different stages. Anyone else feel the same way?!

For the newborn stage, my husband and I LOVED Pamper Swaddlers:

{via}

However, now that Addison is in the "1" stage, I am loving the Huggies brand and the Honest Brand.
 
{via}

{via}

It's so weird! I'll let you know what my preference will be for the next stage if it's also different! 

{FAVORITE THREE}
My husband and I are OBSESSED with documentaries on Netflix. It all started last year with "The Jinx" (amazingly creepy documentary about Robert Durst) and it continued into this year with "Making a Murderer," "Dear Zachary" (a heartbreaking, but extremely well done piece), and 'The Roosevelts." We have loved learning and really getting to know the backstory behind both Theodore Roosevelt, and Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. Even if you aren't a history enthusiast, you will be intrigued by this series. 


{FAVORITE FOUR}
I'm not going to lie-- one of my favorites this week was not having to go back to work after Winter Break (I am still on my maternity leave). While everyone had depressing and sad memes on pretty much every form of social media, I was like:

{via}

But then I think, oh man this could happen haha (aside from the fights):

{via}

And yes, I may have agreed with this quote a few times this week! 

{via}

(Isn't that part of the beauty of staying home though?!)


{FAVORITE FIVE} 
My daughter's cataract surgery is only a month away (you can read more about that here), and it's only a favorite because I can't wait to get the process started. I can't wait until she can use both her eyes, focus and truly look at us, and really see everything around her. Unfortunately, after the surgery, we still have a long road ahead of us, but at least it's a start. 

I will be posting updates along the way-- I'm so grateful that I can share this journey with you all. 

I hope everyone has a great Friday! I can't wait to read everyone's favorites this week :) 

4 comments:

  1. shes such a sweet pea! So happy I found your blog on the link up and can't wait to follow your blogging journey this year! Hope you stop by mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I appreciate you stopping by and reading!

      Delete
  2. She is adorable! Glad you are loving motherhood!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The sleepless nights are definitely worth it :)

      Delete