Social Icons

Weekend Fun!

Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy Monday everyone :) Today, I am linking up with B Loved Boston and Champagne and Suburbs for Weekending... 

This weekend was filled with football, a birthday party, and movies. Overall, it was a fairly low-key weekend!

{FRIDAY}
Friday, we spent a nice, quiet night just relaxing and watched "Get Hard." I have to say-- it was a pretty funny movie! If you aren't a Will Ferrell fan, you probably won't like it, but Kevin Hart is hysterical. I would say give it a shot! 

{SATURDAY} 
After sleeping in (Addison slept for 5 hours straight! yay!), we  hung out at the house for a bit before heading to a friend's house to watch the Patriots playoff game. It was really nice to get out and enjoy the game with another couple and their kids. We made a delicious "hot" bean dip, it is actually my dad's recipe, and it was such a hit! I will share the recipe later this week :) It is super easy and such a crowd pleaser! 

{SUNDAY}
Sunday, we went to my brother-in-law's house to celebrate my niece Alexis' birthday. Addison was loved on by my niece and nephews the whole time we were there. It was adorable!  I just know she is going to love hanging out with them when she is older. 
Sunday night after watching the Steelers lose (my husband wanted the Steelers to win so that we would play them instead of the Broncos next week), we watched "Olympus Has Fallen," which was an intense movie (in my opinion haha). I love Gerard Butler though, so it was worth the stress of watching it haha. 


As I type this, I realize how little we did this weekend. But, you know what? It was perfect! It was quiet, low-key, and very relaxing. Sometimes you just need a break from everything-- including laundry and cleaning (which I obviously have to do today haha) and just enjoy the people around you. Hope you all had a great weekend and are refreshed for the week. If you have today off-- I hope you enjoy it. 

Make sure to check back here tomorrow for my registry basics, items I wish I had registered for, and items you may be able to do without! 



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a relaxing weekend, which is the best kind! Have a great week!!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Get Hard yet! I'm normally not a Will Ferrell fan but I may give it shot eventually!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You should! Now granted there are some typical "Will Ferrell" moments (moments that I don't like haha) BUT it is very funny and worth it!

      Delete