Social Icons

2015 Highlights

Sunday, January 3, 2016

What a year it has been! Jim and I celebrated our first anniversary, the birth of our child, survived a mini-kitchen reno, got to enjoy every season in our home, survived the brutal winter (January and February were horrible here!), endured the extreme heat (and succumbed to putting in air conditioners), participated in a very fun photo shoot for my cousin, and laughed and loved along the way. Here is an overview (in pictures and words) of what happened each month this year:

{JANUARY}

  • It was January that I started this blog of mine. I can't believe it is a year old! While I haven't always kept up with a consistent blogging schedule, I have found so much peace in blogging. I have connected with so many amazing people, and I have loved sharing my life with you all. I think it is so great that I will be able to look back on all these posts and remember this special year.  


  • It snowed a lot in January (where was the snow for Christmas?!) 
{FEBRUARY}
  • And the snow continued in February! We did not have a full week of school that entire month! 
  • Jim and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a married couple-- and braved a blizzard (see picture above) for some amazing food and drinks. 



  • My dad and I took my sister Jocelyn to visit Bentley University (she ended up attending UNH though-- go Wildcats!)
{MARCH}

  • March was fairly low-key BUT it was also the month that we found out I was pregnant :) 
  • The snow was finally starting to melt 

{APRIL}

  • Jim and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon-- such a great time! (even though I couldn't go on all my favorite rides haha)

  • On Easter, we told our families I was pregnant 

{MAY}

  • Spring finally arrived! 
  • Jocelyn attended her Senior Prom-- doesn't she look beautiful? 

  • Jocelyn decided to attend UNH in the Fall, and Elizabeth and I couldn't have been happier for her!



  • Jim and I participated in a wedding photoshoot for my cousin (she was working on her wedding portfolio). I had so much fun wearing my wedding dress again. 




{JUNE}

  • Jocelyn graduated from high school 
These girls are my heart- I am so lucky to have these four by my side through it all. I don't know where I would be without their love and support-- and of course the laughter.

  • My cousins, sisters, and I attended a New Kids on the Block concert! 
  • This was also the month that I started blogging about my pregnancy-- what a fun experience to share with you all :)  


{JULY}




  • We went on a family trip to York Beach, ME 
  • Enjoyed summer fun-- grilling, swimming, lounging


{AUGUST}

  
  • In August, my parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary (Gosh I hope I age like them!)
  • My mom, Jocelyn, Nicole and I ventured to Provincetown, MA for a little rest and relaxation-- oh and to visit my uncle :) 
  • I started school at the end of August-- I was pretty pleased as to how I decorated my classroom this year! 
  • My husband worked on the baby's room (he is such a handyman!) and my sisters helped him paint the baby room and furniture! 

{SEPTEMBER}

  • My husband started a mini kitchen remodel (even though he hates painting :)) 





  • Enjoyed apple picking and all things Fall with these cuties:







{OCTOBER}

  • Baby M was showered with gifts-- I had the most beautiful baby shower. 

  • October was also the month that we were feverishly getting the house ready for the baby! 








{NOVEMBER}

  • November was a blur!! Primarily because this little one graced us with her presence 12 days early :) 
  • Addison Lynne was born on November 23rd at 4:54 PM





My whole world right there. 



You can read Addison's birth story right here

{DECEMBER}

  • We welcomed my cousin's baby boy Noah into the world on December 5th (my due date haha)! Side note: He was able to come home just after the New Year! What a long and difficult journey my cousin, her husband and my family has been on. We are so grateful. 
  • We celebrated the holidays with this little one: 










What an amazing year! While it wasn't always smooth sailing, I can truthfully say that my year was made when my daughter was born. She was definitely the "peak" moment of the year. I am so blessed to have her in my life, and I can't wait to see what is in store for my family in 2016! 

Happy Holidays everyone! Welcome to 2016 :) 

Oh and happy blogiversary (not a word?!) to me! I hope to continue  writing (even more so!) this year :) Thank you for reading and stopping by-- it is greatly appreciated! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!