Social Icons

Friday Favorites!

Friday, January 29, 2016

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Today, I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything, and Grace and Love for Friday Favorites, and A. Liz AdventuresCarolina CharmHello! Happiness, and The Good Life for 5 on Friday. 
I am also linking up with Meet At the Barre for Friday Favorites and The Farmer's Wife for Oh,Hey Friday!

Check out the blog a little bit later when I share Part II of our weekend with Addison at the hospital. 

{FAVORITE ONE}
This past Monday, I was able to spend some time with my sister Elizabeth. I am really interested in expanding my make-up skills and knowledge, and my sister-in-law invited me to a class provided by MAC at the Chestnut Hill Mall in Newton, MA. I asked Elizabeth to be my model, as I thought it would be nice to spend some time together, but also pamper her a little bit. She is pregnant with her first child, and she is so terribly sick! I wanted her to feel beautiful and to just have a day where she didn't have to worry about anything. It was so much fun! We hardly get to spend any one-on-one time together, and I have missed that. It reminded me of when I used to drive us to school. She is the best person I know (no honestly-- she is the absolute best) and always puts others first. I'm glad I got the opportunity to make her feel special Monday :)



{FAVORITE TWO}
Not only did I learn new skills at the make-up class, but I was also introduced to some AMAZING products. It was such a treat to work with MAC products, as I usually just buy and use make-up from places like CVS and Target. My favorites (that I actually purchased on Monday haha) are:

FOILED SHADOW (in Fairy Land) 
If you like sparkles as much as I do, you MUST get this eye shadow! Just a little bit of this eye shadow and you will be good to go! It looks good in the daytime and at night. It adds a nice, easy finishing touch but also looks good by itself so if you don't have time to put on a lot of make-up, you can look great in no time! This is obviously perfect for me since I don't have a lot of time for application haha. 

224 TAPERED BLENDING BRUSH
The cosmetologists used this brush with almost every single product they used during the class and tutorials. They used other brushes occasionally, but kept coming back to this brush! If there is one brush to purchase, this would be it. It is perfect for putting on foundation, eye make-up, blush and can even be used for contouring. 

PREP & PRIME FIX +
This is a finishing mist (but you can also spritz yourself before you put on makeup). It hydrates and refreshes the skin. It is perfect if you have naturally oil skin but have dry skin during the winter time (or anytime really). That describes my skin perfectly! It is not one way or the other all of the time. Not only does it feel great when you mist it onto your face, it smells amazing! 
via // via // via


While these products are definitely more expensive than my typical products, they are really nice AND work extremely well. 

{FAVORITE THREE}
You think I could go one week without saying my daughter is one of my favorites-- but I can't! I am just so lucky to be her mother-- it has been the greatest joy of my entire life.



{FAVORITE FOUR}
I finished my grading on time! Semester 1 grades were due at 8 AM this morning and between my long term sub and myself, we were able to finish everything last night. Such a weight has been lifted! Now-- I am going to enjoy the rest of my maternity leave and be much less involved with school happenings. 

{FAVORITE FIVE} 
We have been having some really nice weather lately, and it is making me think spring! Since my wardrobe for the past 9 months has included maternity clothes (yes I am still wearing my maternity clothes 2 months post-partum haha), I am looking to freshen up my closet. 
These pieces would be PERFECT! 







via // via // via // via // via

I hope you all had a great week, and an even better weekend :) 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!