Social Icons

Weekending...

Monday, January 11, 2016

And it's Monday again! Today, I am linking up with B Loved Boston and Champagne and Suburbs for Weekending... 

We had a great weekend-- and I am just enjoying these moments as a family of three. We had an interesting experience at church this weekend... so let's get started! 

{FRIDAY} 
  • Friday afternoon, Addison and I went over to visit my maternal grandparents . I am so blessed to have my maternal grandparents around, and I am so glad they have the chance to bond with Addison. When I go back to work in a few short weeks (insert ugly crying), they will be watching her on Fridays and they are so excited! They keep asking me when I go back, and I know it's because they are just so ready to have her during the day. It was so cute to watch them hold her, kiss her, and just love on her. For the three or so hours we were there, they just kept passing her back and forth! Having Addison has definitely made me realize (even more than I had before) how lucky I am to have most of my family close by. I wish my paternal grandparents lived close to us-- but we will just have to plan a visit out to Arizona sometime soon! 
  • Friday night, I planned on running a few errands (Ulta Beauty and Buy Buy Baby to be exact) after our visit. Addison was SO good in Ulta Beauty, but as soon as I put her in the car, she started crying hysterically. I scratched going to Buy Buy Baby, and started to head home (which was about 30 minutes away). Well..... she was just not having it. Thankfully my sister Elizabeth's house wasn't that far away from the Mall so Addison and I stopped by so that I could figure out what was wrong. Baby girl was so hungry!!! 
  • I quickly fed her and then decided to stop by my sister Nicole's high school basketball game to visit. My mom and most of my sisters were there, and were very happy to see us. Well, mostly happy to see Addison haha. 
  • After our visit, we started to make the trek home. And then....the crying started again....poor little one was just not happy Friday. I tried to make it as far as I could, but this new mommy just couldn't stand to hear her baby crying in the back seat. I pulled over twice to try to comfort her---- once I had her settled, I finally drove us home. I know it's normal for her to cry, I just didn't know why she was crying (hungry, gas, diaper change, hurt, etc). When we got home, I fed her again and she was very happy afterwards. My husband thinks she  baby girl is  going through a growth spurt. I agree- but I also think she just loves to be held close and feel that comfort.  
  • I also know that Addison is finally starting to have more awake time during the day, so I am wondering if she is overtired as well? She has been sleeping for longer intervals at night, so I am also thinking that maybe she is off because her feeding schedule is different?  Any moms out there have any advice?! 
{SATURDAY}
  • Saturday, we all slept in! It was so nice to just relax and not have to worry about going anywhere! 
  • After our nice morning, my husband and I got to work cleaning the house! I just love love love a clean house and thankfully so does my husband. While we cleaned, Addison was completely content and entertained swinging in her : Graco Simple Sway LX Baby Swing
  • The swing moves horizontally, plays music and sounds including white noise, and has a seat that vibrates. Addison LOVES this thing! The combination of swinging and the vibrating seat is really soothing, and the portability of this device makes it one of our favorites. There are other varieties out there, such as these:


  • While Addison was enjoying her time in the swing, her father and I were enjoying our time cleaning and listening to Harry Conick Jr's Pandora station using our new Amazon Echo (I FINALLY got my husband a good Christmas gift!). This thing is amazing! I was skeptical at first, but now I am a fan. Not only does it play music, but it can tell you the weather, locks our doors, and shuts off the lights in our house on command. It is truly amazing haha. 
If you need any gift ideas for the man in your life- seriously look into getting the Echo. It won't disappoint! 

  • After our cleaning spree, we decided to do some errands as a family and then go out to dinner just the three of us for the first time! 
  • Addison was so good in the restaurant! Learning from my mistake the day before, I made sure she was fed before we went inside.  
  • Saturday night, my husband and I continued watching a documentary special on Netflix about the Roosevelts (seriously fascinating stuff)
{SUNDAY}
  • After a few weeks of enjoying our time at home and getting into a routine, I decided I wanted to bring Addison to church with us. I was a little nervous-- I didn't quite know how she was going to react-- but I figured as long as I fed her before we left we would be okay! 
  • Fortunately, Addison slept for a solid 5 hours the previous night! It was amazing! Unfortunately, I think that screwed up her feeding schedule. Mommy mistake/fail #1-- I did not bring a bottle with me. I am breastfeeding but I also pump for a bottle for my husband to give her and for storage . When Addison became fussy in church, panic ensued haha. We became THOSE people. Obviously I should have brought a bottle with me-- rookie mistake haha. I didn't even think of it-- now I know for next time haha. Embarrassingly, I had to walk past ALL the parishioners with a wailing baby during the second reading. 
  • I fed and changed her-- baby girl was much happier after that! I rocked her to sleep and made my way back. 
  • Oh but did I mention Addison has really bad gas pains?! As soon as I passed her off to my great aunt to hold, she started crying and straightening her legs. I felt like the whole church was looking at me-- I felt so bad disturbing mass!! Fortunately, Addison LOVES music and quickly settled down. For the rest of the mass she relaxed and slept in my arms. There is always next week-- we will figure it out eventually :) 
  • One of the nicest parts about going to church though was seeing all of the members and how excited they were to meet Addison. My church community is so loving and supportive-- I am very lucky. 
  • I would have to say, even though it was the ideal first church experience, I am glad we went. My immediate family , my grandmother and great aunt and my cousin Kelly and her family (and new baby Noah) were all there. It was just perfect. Noah was a preemie baby, and was just released from the hospital a week ago. To have Addison and Noah with us at mass was so special-- it was a meaningful mass that's for sure. 
  • Sunday afternoon was spent at my grandmother's house. I don't know what I would do without these Sundays. I get to see and spend quality time with my grandparents, aunt and uncle, cousins, sisters, and my parents. They get to enjoy and play with Addison. These are the memories that will last a  lifetime.
Here is a picture of the two cousins, born 12 days apart! 

  • Sunday night was spent relaxing and preparing for the week. We all went to bed early (thank goodness!), and got some much needed rest. 
And that, my friends, was my weekend! They certainly look a little different since being on maternity leave, and I am loving it! I can't wait to catch-up and read about what you all did this weekend. 

Thanks for reading :)  




2 comments:

  1. Busy but fun weekend!! I am in need of the amazon echo! Also, love the sleep in days :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was VERY busy! You definitely need to purchase it--we love ours! I hope you had a good week as well!

    Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete