Social Icons

Weekending... Cabin Fever!

Monday, February 1, 2016

 Today, I am linking up with B Loved Boston and Champagne and Suburbs for Weekending... 

We had BEAUTIFUL weather this weekend and we were lucky enough to enjoy it! It looks as though we will survive this winter without being completely snowed in :) I have mixed emotions about it haha.

{FRIDAY}
During the day Friday, I had cabin fever and I was losing it haha. We were instructed by the doctor to try to refrain from bringing Addison to public places. It is really important that she is not sick for her surgery this Friday, so I have been staying inside for the past week and a half with her. I do all of my errands when my husband is home with her, so that I don't have to bring her to places like the grocery store or pharmacy. I absolutely LOVE my time with Addison, but I have a hard time just staying put. My several snapchats to everyone Friday definitely displayed my need to get out! 
Friday afternoon, my husband was able to come home relatively early. He had a networking event in Boston, MA, but was home by about 4 which was such a nice surprise! We had a low key night-- we ate leftover meatloaf and vegetables. The meatloaf was terrible-- I had to force myself to eat it (I feel bad wasting food). 
Aside from the awful dinner, we had a really great night just the three of us. We rented "The Intern"-- wow such a great movie. It was funny, charming, and has a great message. Even my husband liked it haha. 
{via}

{SATURDAY}
Due to my desire to get out and about, my parents offered to babysit Addison while Jim and I went to the movies and got dinner. We decided to see "Star Wars" and it did not disappoint! I also decided to get a beer (something I had been craving), and it was delicious! Well worth the wait :) 



Beer and quesadillas-- I mean does it get any better than that?! 

{SUNDAY}
Sunday we slept in and it felt WONDERFUL! Jim then made us breakfast :) which was also very nice. It was GORGEOUS outside-- about 50 degrees-- so we decided to take advantage of it. Jim really needed new boots, so we headed to the outlets. While Jim looked at shoes, Addison and I walked around the outdoor outlets and just enjoyed the fresh air. It felt AMAZING! I didn't take her out of her carseat, and I kept her safe/protected so that she wouldn't be exposed to anything. But- it was so nice to take her outside! 
Sunday afternoon, we went to my grandparents for dinner. Addison was loved on the whole time, and I just can't believe how lucky I am. Never in a million years could I imagine how good  my life could be. 

And that's pretty much my weekend (aside from trying to sneak a few views of "Grease" while my husband was distracted haha). Quiet, full of family time, and beautiful weather! 

Hope you all had a great weekend too! 

2 comments:

  1. I want to see the Intern SOOO badly!!! Did you get it from Redbox?!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually rented it on demand- but it would have been so much smarter to rent it from Redbox!

      Delete